21 September 2009

SharePoint 2010 Preview

Several weeks ago, Microsoft released some information through videos for the up and coming release of SharePoint 2010. If you haven’t already viewed these videos, what are you waiting for?

In short, one of the features that has been announced for developers is a first class development environment for SharePoint. One can only hope we either have better remote debugging support or the ability to install a “SharePoint Developer Version” on our Windows 7 desktops, but the ability to visually design web parts is a huge plus in my book. (I know, I know, some of you hard-core server control developers are disappointed).

Much more information should become available throughout the SharePoint conference – and while we’re on that topic, if you want to buy me a ticket to the conference I would gladly accept the opportunity to go!

No comments: